Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alain Origlia <ao...@calendra.com> on 2000/11/02 19:46:50 UTC

Changing Root

Hi,

I use Tomcat3.3 (a fresh nightly build 2000/10/31) in standalone mode, and I don't succeed in changing the root of the internal 8080 web server. I declared a new context in the server.xml file:

         <Context path="/"
            docBase="c:/Program Files/Calendra/cdm20/server-root"
            debug="0"
     reloadable="true" >
           <RequestInterceptor
              className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SimpleRealm"
              filename="conf/example-users.xml"
              debug="0" />
            <Logger name="cdm_log"
              path="logs/cdm.log"
              verbosityLevel = "INFORMATION"
             />
            <ServletLogger name="cdm_servlet_log"
              path="logs/servlet_cdm.log"
              verbosityLevel = "INFORMATION"
             />
        </Context>

But I still have the default Tomcat Home Page when I ask for http://localhost:8080
Is it the right way to do this? Is it possible (!)? Is there another file to configure?

Thanks

P.S: this used to work with a previous version (3.2beta6)

Alain Origlia

CALENDRA
135, rue du Dirigeable
ZI Les Paluds
13783 AUBAGNE Cedex
Tel: +33 (0)4 42 18 69 90
http://www.calendra.com

Re: Changing Root

Posted by "Julio Serje (@canada.com)" <js...@home.com>.
To configure the root just put an empty context path:

<Context path=""  docBase="c:/Program Files/Calendra/cdm20/server-root"
            debug="0"
     reloadable="true" >

Julio Serje.
Calian Tech.