Posted to dev@zipkin.apache.org by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/26 00:30:40 UTC

Apache ActiveMQ as a Zipkin trace transport

Hi, team.

There is a user offering to solve the pending issue about ActiveMQ
support. I have used ActiveMQ and found it relatively easy. For
example, we use it in the Brave project for JMS testing. I do think we
need more than my opinion on this as a standard transport. However, my
2p is that it wouldn't be very technically difficult.

I raised this mailing list item to the activemq team
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b984a5ae49b7e63a740decd9ad789c4c733288497d74726786a59313@%3Cusers.activemq.apache.org%3E

Concretely speaking, I'd like another to mention if they are keen for
activemq as a bundled transport, or perhaps more importantly if they
are not keen:
https://github.com/openzipkin/zipkin/issues/1990

work in progress server integration:
https://github.com/openzipkin/zipkin/pull/2466
work in progress java-tracer integration:
https://github.com/openzipkin/zipkin-reporter-java/pull/136