Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "VIJAISENTHIL, P. K." <vi...@kumaran.com> on 2006/02/14 00:03:11 UTC

Sharing the session between two war

Hi,

        I am deploying an ear file, which has two war files. (means with two different webcontext)
        I need to share the session values stored in one war file with other.

        Please let me know how to setup this in config files, if it can done.

Thanks and Regards,
Vijai Senthil, P. K.

Re: Sharing the session between two war

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 2/13/06, VIJAISENTHIL, P. K. <vi...@kumaran.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I am deploying an ear file, which has two war files. (means with
> two different webcontext)
>         I need to share the session values stored in one war file with
> other.

The servlet spec prohibits sharing sessions between webapps.  You'll need to
find some other way to share information between them, such as a commonly
accessed database, or perhaps (in a J2EE environment) in an EJB that is part
of the same EAR.

        Please let me know how to setup this in config files, if it can
> done.

It cannot.

Thanks and Regards,
> Vijai Senthil, P. K.