Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de> on 2000/11/06 16:45:18 UTC

Re: append to a file

 JA> Is there some way to append to a file with ant.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want. Ant 1.2's <echo> can
write (and append) to a file.

Stefan

Re: append to a file

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 JA> I would really want a way to make the output from the SQL task to
 JA> append to a file not just overwrite or not.

I'm afraid there is no way to do that in Ant 1.2 (apart from the
obvious "everything can be done with a task of your own"). On Unix
systems you could use exec and cat, but I don't know of a portable way
right now.

Stefan

RE: append to a file

Posted by Johan Adelöw <jo...@corustechnologies.com>.
Yes, but I'd like to append a file to another, I would really want a way to
make the output from the SQL task to append to a file not just overwrite or
not. I've tried to use echo with a nested sql but echo doesn't support that.

/Johan