Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Donie Kelly <do...@tecnomen.ie> on 2002/02/21 11:22:53 UTC

Need root mapping for servlet but want to be able to retrieve ima ges... pls help

Hi all

I'm asking this question again because I still don't have a working
solution. My servlet is mapped to / as shown below. However, when I use jsp
pages the images in the page are invoking a request from this servlet
instead of getting the image. Anybody got a solution for this?

My images are in ../context/images
Thanks
Donie

  <servlet>
        <servlet-name>myservlet</servlet-name>
        <display-name>myservlet</display-name>
        <servlet-class>com.company.mm.y.myservlet</servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>50</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>myservlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

Placing of jar files times 3

Posted by Øyvind Vestavik <Oy...@idi.ntnu.no>.
I have a jar file that my webapp is dependent of. I have placed this file
in the jakarta-tomcat/lib directory, and that works fine, but can I place
it somewhere in my webapps root directory so that only my webapp can
access this jar?? I think I may have a potential naming collision going..

Are jars placed in the jakarta-tomcat/lib directory distributed with a war
file I make of my webapp??

Are jars that I place in the %JAVA-HOME%/jre/lib/ext directory distributed
with a war file I make of my webapp??

Thanks in advance.

Øyvind

Øyvind Vestavik