Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Mandy Chessell <ma...@uk.ibm.com> on 2018/01/15 11:25:20 UTC

Adding userId to the OMRSRepositoryConnector methods - and related questions

Dear All,
I have been thinking through the implications of our discussion last week
on userIds.  We agreed that the end user's userId would become a part of
the URL for the OMAS REST calls.  This means it is explicitly passed to
the Java classes server-side.

There are some repository calls that need this userId - such as creating a
new entity/relationship and updating an existing entity/relationship.  We
will also need the userId on queries so that results can be filtered on
the end user.  So in the next OMRS patch (unless there are any objections)
I am planning to add userId to the connector's methods.  I will also
follow the same pattern of adding the userId to the OMRS REST API's URLs.

There are some requests when there is no end user (such as when we are
processing inbound OMRS Events) so we need a similar token for the server.
 Should I make this a server config variable?  Or is there a better way?
Would each OMAS have it own token userId for the end user when it is
receiving events from its In Topic?

All the best
Mandy
Mandy Chessell CBE FREng CEng FBCS
IBM Distinguished Engineer

Master Inventor
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Visiting Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of
Sheffield

Email: mandy_chessell@uk.ibm.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mandy-chessell/22/897/a49

Assistant: Janet Brooks - jsbrooks12@uk.ibm.com