Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com> on 2010/02/28 06:11:00 UTC

almost 100% test coverage on old-ObjectType.simpleTypeConvert

I've almost completed adding full test coverage on simpleTypeConvert
from before it got switched over to the new conversion framework.  The
parts I don't have are GenericValue(not available from the cmdline),
java.nio.Buffer and Node(these last two because I haven't done them yet).

I then switched the tests over to the new ObjectType, using
conversions.  Started getting lots of errors.

The question becomes, should I fix these errors, or are we going to
fix all callers of simpleTypeConvert?

The first two bugs I've found have to do with converting an array of
anything to a List(doesn't appear to be supported at all), and an
empty String, being converted to anything, should return null(new
version returns "").  There are probably more, but I've switched back
to finishing the coverage.

The conversion framework also logs way too much.  This seems to be
another case of logging an error, then throwing an exception as well.