Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jose Alberto Fernandez <ja...@cellectivity.com> on 2004/01/15 15:40:57 UTC

Core classloader (1.7)

Hi, I was looking at how to better reuse the classloaders
(as part of the fixes for JAXPUtils).

In the process I noticed that Project.createClassLoader(Path)
does not set Project.getCoreLoader() as the parent of the classloader
being created.

Actually, except for ExecuteJava.java and WhichResource.java
no task that uses its own classpath for finding code will
set the core loader as the parent for the classloaders.

Most stuff works because AntClassLoader.class.getClassLoader() is
usually the same as the initial Project.getCoreLoader().
But you may have extrange behavior in some complex IDE situations.

Any comments, reasons why the code is the way it is?

Jose Alberto