Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Groothuis, Derek" <De...@citadelgroup.com> on 2003/11/25 21:57:00 UTC

Questions: Data Types, Removing a property...

Howdy,

Fairly new to actually using Slide, and I had a couple of questions:

1.  I need to remove a property from something (and just setting it to
null/0 is insufficient).  Is there an easy way to do this using Slide?
Ideally I'd love to do it via something like
WebdavResource.proppatchMethod() since that's how we're doing other
things, but if someone could point me to any easy way of doing this, I'd
appreciate it.

2.  In a similar vein, I need to specify the datatype of a property
(i.e., dt:dt="int").  Is there an easy way to do this with Slide?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--Derek

-------------------------
-------------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY NOTICE

This e-mail contains information that may be confidential and
proprietary. It is to be read and used solely by the intended
recipient(s).
Citadel and its affiliates retain all proprietary rights they may have
in the
information. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us
immediately either by reply e-mail or by telephone at 312-395-2100
and delete this e-mail (including any attachments hereto) immediately
without reading, disseminating, distributing or copying. We cannot give
any assurances that this e-mail and any attachments are free of viruses
and other harmful code. Citadel reserves the right to monitor, intercept
and block all communications involving its computer systems.

Re: Questions: Data Types, Removing a property...

Posted by Marc Sommer <ma...@schlund.de>.
hi derek,

to #1:
have a look at: WebdavResource.proppatchMethod(String path, PropertyName
key, String value, boolean setOrRemove)
the last parameter indicates if the property will be set or removed.
(only available in the nightly-builds)
to #2:
i think you can use an xml-fragment like <value type"Integer">21</value>
and parse this after the propget

Marc

--

Marc Sommer                             I::Dev
+49 721 91374-364                       Schlund + Partner AG