Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by leerho <le...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/30 17:37:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release DataSketches-java 1.1.0-incubating-RC1

### BUG FIX!, Supercedes 1.0.0-incubating-RC2 ###

Hello IPMC and Apache DataSketches Community,

1. This is a call for vote to release Apache DataSketches-java version:
 1.1.0-incubating-RC1

    NOTE 1: This is the core Java component of the DataSketches library
that includes all the sketch algorithms in production-ready packages. These
sketches can be called directly from this component or used in conjunction
with the adaptor components such as Hadoop Pig, Hadoop Hive, or the
aggregator adaptors built into Apache Druid.

    NOTE 2: This release contains some critical performance improvements
for Apache Druid and a bug fix. This also includes a new Tuple
IntegerSketch and example code for tracking customer engagement.  See our
web site for more details.

  A. Results from the PPMC vote:

     - 4 (+1) votes. Three of the votes were Mentors (IPMC members,
binding).

     - The vote thread can be found at the Permalink:

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/datasketches-dev/201909.mbox/%3cCA+UaPnsq1HCQKy=rwyXar51d6Lou=R8qjojCBFkOUJ0=vy9-SA@mail.gmail.com%3e

  B. Testing/actions/votes performed by the voters in the PPMC Stage 1:

    - Furkan Kamaci: (+1 binding)
        - Incubating in name
        - DISCLAIMER exists
        - LICENSE and NOTICE are fine
        - No unexpected binary files
        - Checked Checksums
        - Code compiles and tests successfully run

    - Dave Fisher: (+1 binding)
        incubating in name
        Signature and Checksum
        NOTICE - there needs to be a slight adjustment - see below:
        LICENSE - there could be better separation between each license
        DISCLAIMER-WIP
        Ran mvn build and tests

        Minor Notes:
        NOTICE should start like this:
        Apache DataSketches Java
        Copyright 2019 - The Apache Software Foundation

        Copyright 2015-2018 - Yahoo
        Copyright 2018 - Verizon Media
        (Note: has been changed for the next version)

    - Kenneth Knowles: (+1 binding)
        - Ran `mvn clean test -Pstrict` on the zip archive
        - DISCLAIMER-WIP
        - incubating in name / artifacts
        - LICENSE
        - NOTICE

    - Alex Saydakov: (+1)
      - verified signature
      - checked sha512 hash
      - 'mvn install' successful
      - tests in Druid succeeded

  C. Additional Notes:
    - The LICENSE and NOTICE files should be very close to their final form
(with the exception of the minor reordering requested by Dave Fisher).

2. Source repository:
    - https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-java

    Git Tag for this release:
    -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-java/tree/1.1.0-incubating-RC1
on branch 1.1.X-incubating

    Git HashId for this release starts with: 40c6f4f

3. The Release Candidate / Zip Repository:
    -
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/java/1.1.0-incubating-RC1/

    The public signing key can be found in the KEYS file:
    - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/KEYS

    The artifacts have been signed with --keyid-format SHORT : 8CD4A902

4. Repository: Maven Central [Nexus](http://repository.apache.org) (Jar
Artifacts):
    -
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/datasketches/datasketches-java/1.1.0-incubating/

5. Build & Test Guide:
    -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-java/blob/1.1.0-incubating-RC1/README.md

8. This vote is the 2nd stage vote:
   - This voting process will remain open for at least 72 hours
     and until at least 3 (+1) IPMC votes or a majority of (+1) are
acquired.

Please vote accordingly:

    [ ] +1 approve
    [ ] +0 no opinion
    [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
Lee Rhodes
leerho@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release DataSketches-java 1.1.0-incubating-RC1

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Thank Furkan, Dave and Kenn for your votes!  Now we have to wait for the
clock to run out.

This is a very important release as we have several other repos to release
that are dependent on this one!

Lee.

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding, carrying my vote)

I checked:
- Incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE are fine
- No unexpected binary files
- Checked checksums
- Code compiles and tests successfully run

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Please inspect it at
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-java/blob/master/NOTICE to
> see if there are any other changes that you would like to make.

That looks good.

Thanks.
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release DataSketches-java 1.1.0-incubating-RC1

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Justin,

Thank you for your vote and comments.  Your suggestions for the NOTICE file
have already been incorporated in master going forward.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -