Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Roland Villemoes <rv...@alpha-solutions.dk> on 2010/09/14 15:21:42 UTC

Multiple Consumers on a Queue

Hi there,

We have a FUSE running, and uses a lot of Camel to work on queues etc.
Everything works fine, but we have one thing that is quite anoying.

Sometimes when we refresh a bundle we suddenly get one more consumer. We can
see this with JConsole on the specific Queue. We can do this multiple times
a thereby gets a lot of consumers and we can't get rid of them before we
shot down the server.

I do not know if this is a FUSE og Camel related question - but anyway -
hope you can help us out here.
Is if possible to "kill" all consumers on a specific queue?

Thanks a lot

Roland

Re: Multiple Consumers on a Queue

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

When you say queues? Do you you JMS queues? And which JMS broker are you using?
And the JConsole is that stats from the broker?

And when you refresh a bundle, what do you do exactly?

And what version of the broker are you using?

And have you used other versions before where it worked? etc.

Also if you have support for the broker, then use that channel to get
help. You are after all paying for support. And you can get
professional help.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Roland Villemoes <rv...@alpha-solutions.dk> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We have a FUSE running, and uses a lot of Camel to work on queues etc.
> Everything works fine, but we have one thing that is quite anoying.
>
> Sometimes when we refresh a bundle we suddenly get one more consumer. We can
> see this with JConsole on the specific Queue. We can do this multiple times
> a thereby gets a lot of consumers and we can't get rid of them before we
> shot down the server.
>
> I do not know if this is a FUSE og Camel related question - but anyway -
> hope you can help us out here.
> Is if possible to "kill" all consumers on a specific queue?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Roland

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Multiple Consumers on a Queue

Posted by Roland Villemoes <rv...@alpha-solutions.dk>.
Hi Charles,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

We use camel (camel-core, 2.2.0.fuse-01-00). Do you think an upgrade would
make any difference?

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
I think that you can connect to activemq through jconsole and kill
client connected.

Anyway, there is an issue as the JMS Listener is not closed when you
stop your bundle. Which version of camel do you use ?