Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com> on 2001/04/07 20:59:01 UTC

server/Makefile.in, build/make_exports.awk and multiple lines...

Brian's patch included the headers from the os-dependent dir when creating
apache.exports.  That's NBD, but in os/unix/unixd.h there is a multi-line
define (escaped with the \ char) - see line 109-110.  This confuses the
heck out of build/make_exports.awk as that case isn't handled.

And, since I'm not enough of an awk expert, I'm not really sure what to do.
I know that awk is line-based, so we'd need to add an extra state if we see
an #ifdef and the last char on the line is a \ to treat the next line as
being in the same state.

I'd just as soon run another awk script entirely that joins any lines with
the last char \ to the same line.  It'd work...  -- justin

Re: server/Makefile.in, build/make_exports.awk and multiple lines...

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net>.
Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com> writes:

> Brian's patch included the headers from the os-dependent dir when creating
> apache.exports.  That's NBD, but in os/unix/unixd.h there is a multi-line
> define (escaped with the \ char) - see line 109-110.  This confuses the
> heck out of build/make_exports.awk as that case isn't handled.

Somebody that wants to play in awk is welcome to do so... for now,
unixd.h was changed to skip the problem with continuations.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...