Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Stathis, George" <St...@csps.com> on 2004/10/13 16:56:29 UTC

Running Jetspeed 1.5 on JRun4

I haven't seem any messages specific to JRun4 problems, so I have to ask
myself. Is anyone running Jetspeed 1.5 on JRun4 (with the latest service
pack, "Update 4", installed)?

I have downloaded the Jetspeed 1.5 WAR file and have have successfully
deployed it on Tomcat 5. Deploying it on JRun4 expands the WAR file fine,
but when trying to browse to the portal's front page, I get an HTTP 500 "The
page cannot be displayed" error. Looking at the JRun logs, I find the
following error:

10/13 10:39:32 error ServiceBroker: unknown service PoolService requested
org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown
service PoolService requested
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseService
Broker.java:354)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.j
ava:296)
 at
org.apache.turbine.util.RunDataFactory.putRunData(RunDataFactory.java:226)
 at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:643)
 at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)
 at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
 at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invokeNext(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:449
)
 at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forwardInvoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:
418)
 at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:175)
 at jrun.jsp.runtime.JRunPageContext.forward(JRunPageContext.java:349)
 at jrun.jsp.tags.Forward.doit(Forward.java:14)
 at jrun.jsp.tags.RequestDispatchTag.doEndTag(RequestDispatchTag.java:47)
 at jrun__index2ejspa._jspService(jrun__index2ejspa.java:58)
 at jrun.jsp.runtime.HttpJSPServlet.service(HttpJSPServlet.java:43)
 at jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:119)
 at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)
 at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
 at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invokeNext(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:449
)
 at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forwardInvoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:
418)
 at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:175)
 at jrun.servlet.file.FileServlet.service(FileServlet.java:306)
 at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)
 at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
 at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:249)
 at
jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:527)
 at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:168)
 at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:457
)
 at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

I'm not sure where to get started debugging here. I'm sure it's a JRun
problem rather than a Jetspeed problem (and I will post for help on the
Macormedia forums too), but I just wanted to see if people have any quick
suggestions here.

Thank you in advance for your time.