Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by wwu <we...@bcm.tmc.edu> on 2001/02/13 16:20:40 UTC

log4j & several applications on server side

Hi,

New to log4j. Hopefully my question makes sense.

I have a question on using log4j on server side(i.e. Apache server) with some applications. All use the log4j-core.jar.

Is this true that Category.getRoot() will return the same category for all the applications?
If it is true, then how do I arrange the log4j or set up path for the package for each application so that every application will have its own Root category?

If it not true, then if I deploy two packages for one application, then how do i configure the log for the application?

Thanks.

Tim