Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Krause Karin <Ka...@winterthur.ch> on 2002/06/14 12:56:41 UTC

SIGTERM to stop TOMCAT

Hi all,
I've got a question regarding stopping TOMCAT on solaris.
I use
TOMCAT 4.0.3 Standalone (without any webserver)
Solaris 2.6
jdk1.3.1

Here my question:
Is it valid to stop TOMCAT by sending SIGTERM to
the process?

I'd like to do so, because I started TOMCAT
within a monitoring process. This is a little C-program, which starts
TOMCAT (by means of the catalina.sh script) and watch
if the TOMCAT process is running. If the process
is not running the C-programm will autmatically restart it.
To terminate TOMCAT I
must kill the monitoring process, that send a SIGTERM
to its child process, the TOMCAT process.

Thanx for your help in advance.

Regards
Karin