Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/08 04:18:43 UTC

svn externals in continuum checkout

I just noticed this

$ svn up

Fetching external item into 'continuum-rpc-client\src\main\mdo'
External at revision 515905.

At revision 515905.

It comes from

Author: evenisse
Date: Mon Feb 26 06:11:01 2007
New Revision: 511810

Log:
Generate non-enhanced model classes

/svn/maven/continuum/continuum-rpc-client/src/main
$ svn propget svn:externals .
mdo          https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum/trunk/continuum-model/src/main/mdo

With this setup, we'll need to remember to edit svn:externals on any
tags, otherwise the externals definition will continue to point to
trunk, and building from the tag may not produce the same results.

--
Wendy

Re: svn externals in continuum checkout

Posted by diroussel <na...@diroussel.xsmail.com>.
Is there not a way to use a maven dependency rather than an svn:externals?
Or else it'll be a maintenency prblem like you say.