Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Alessandro Benedetti <ab...@apache.org> on 2015/02/20 18:25:06 UTC

[Google Drive - Dropbox] Permission indexing

Hi guys!
Testing Google Drive and Dropbox connector I verified that the Indexing of
the permission is quite simple.
To refresh that part we can add one or more tokens to a specific job and
then all the documents belonging to that job will have that token indexed
in the allow_document_token .

In a real scenario this is quite un-realistic.
The simplest way could be to index in the allow_document_token the list of
accounts that the document is shared with.
Of course storing the uncrypted plain version of the account mail can be
dangerous ( as simply someone could impersonate other people directly
accessing solr) .

So an authority connector is necessary as well .

Any though about this ? Was it in plan ? Any reason behind the current
simple approach ?
The same is valid for the dropbox connector and the web crawler one (
permissions per area of a web site is possible through a workaround but not
using only one single job).

Cheers

Re: [Google Drive - Dropbox] Permission indexing

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <be...@gmail.com>.
Ok Karl,
I will keep you updated on this and as soon as I can dedicate some time, I
am going to open the tickets and discuss this with you !

Cheers

--

Benedetti Alessandro

"Tyger, tyger burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?"

Re: [Google Drive - Dropbox] Permission indexing

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alessandro,