Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2008/08/21 13:40:11 UTC

[admin] new SpamAssassin PMC chair

Hi all --

just a quick note to announce some administrivia.

When the SpamAssassin project moved to the Apache Software Foundation, we
made an informal decision that it'd be nice if the position of project
chair [1] cycled between the members of the SpamAssassin Project
Management Committee every so often.

This turned out to happen -- 2 years (or so) ago, I took over from Daniel
Quinlan as PMC chair, after his ~2-year stint.  And now, I'm handing it on
in turn, to Daryl O'Shea; so as of last night, Daryl is now the PMC chair
and an officer of the ASF -- Vice President, Apache SpamAssassin.
Congrats Daryl!

(Of course, this doesn't mean I'll be lessening my work on SpamAssassin;
it just means that Daryl now has to handle the boring admin stuff
like reporting to the ASF board and so on ;)

[1]: http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

--j.

Re: [admin] new SpamAssassin PMC chair

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.com>.
Ahh the joys of administration (paperwork)... lovely meetings, comfy
chairs, free coffee... some people just don't know when they are well
off! ;-D

Welcome back to the land of the living Justin.