Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/03 21:18:52 UTC

embedding links to windows shares

How can I embed a link to a file on a windows share, within a wiki page?

Something like this:

[\\server\path\filename.doc]

Obviously this doesn't work becasue of the backslashes, but you get the
idea.

Thanks.

--
Bobman

RE: embedding links to windows shares

Posted by "Hobbs, Joseph" <Jo...@53.com>.
After applying those settings a while back in Firefox, I still had lots of trouble getting it to work.  In order for firefox to open these links predictably, you have to have 5 (yes, 5) slashes after file...  IE ignores the extras, so it works for either browser...  So my link looks like this

File://///windowsservername/sharename/etc...

To ensure that users don't forget all those lovely slashes, I went ahead and set up an interwiki link to the windows shares most popular internally...  So they just use SomeShare:/path/to/files.

Joseph Hobbs
Lead Technology Architect
Enabling Technologies : Technical Services
Fifth Third Bank

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
maybe this will help :

Posted by Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com>.
Quinn,

Posted by Quinn Fissler <qf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by re...@ssq.ca.
> How can I embed a link to a file on a windows share, within a
> wiki page?
>
> Something like this:
>
> [\\server\path\filename.doc]
>
> Obviously this doesn't work becasue of the backslashes, but
> you get the idea.

Try with [file://server/path/filename.doc]

--
Real Gagnon  from  Quebec, Canada
* Java, Javascript, VBScript or PowerBuilder snippets

</pre><hr>Ce message et tous les fichiers attachés sont confidentiels et s'adressent exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) indiqué(s) ci-dessus. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, veuillez le retourner à l'expéditeur et le détruire. Tout usage, copie ou distribution non autorisés de ce courriel sont strictement interdits.<p>This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the above-mentioned recipient(s). If you have received this message in error, please return it to the sender and delete it from your files. Unauthorized use, copying or distribution of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.<pre>