Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/02 10:33:43 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.4 (RC4) - a question

Ram,

A question I'd like to ask concerns the (non) licensing of some Tuscany files.

I took a look at the manifest files (.MF) which are here:

tuscany-sca-1.4-src\itest\osgi-contribution\contribution-classes\src\main\resources\osgi

None of these have any license statement.

However, I note that the manifest files contained in the modules in the 2.0 stream have entries like
this:

Bundle-License: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt

...so that it is perfectly possible to correctly mark the manifests with an appropriate license.

Should all these manifest files be updated with this license statement?

Yours,  Mike.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
>From the ASF legal point of view AFAIK there is no requirement to have a
manifest Bundle-License entry so i think the 1.4 artifacts are ok without
it.

   ...ant