Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2011/09/14 20:56:46 UTC

[ognl] use of Javassist

Hi all guys,
there was an era when OGNL was totally dependencies-less, today relies
on Javassist - I never understood the reason of adopting it.
Is anyone able to explain it me please?
Many thanks in advance, have a nice day!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [ognl] use of Javassist

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Simone Tripodi
<si...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all guys,
> there was an era when OGNL was totally dependencies-less, today relies
> on Javassist - I never understood the reason of adopting it.

OGNL didn have dependencies? How cool is that!
I love libs which have no dependencies.

> Is anyone able to explain it me please?

Not me :)
CHeers

http://www.grobmeier.de

RE: [ognl] use of Javassist

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.

Hmm, curious, could it be run (in a degraded mode) w/o javassit?

Thinking for j2me and android platforms.

-                                                               -
- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -
-                                                               -

Re: [ognl] use of Javassist

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi James!
[proxy] is still in my todo-list, sounds it will be a chance to
understand how Javassist can improve performances!
Thanks for the support!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [ognl] use of Javassist