Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robin Green <gr...@hotmail.com> on 2000/10/04 23:59:09 UTC

Re: Coccoon "gap" question

"Edward Majcher" <ed...@tamgroup.com> wrote:
>I am currently evaluating Coccoon, and I am surprised that nowhere
>mentioned
>is the concept of depositing data collected into a backend system, from the
>published web pages.  Have I missed szomething, because this seems like a
>logical component, to me, to be included with the coccoon framework.

This is the most relevant if your "backend" is XML files:

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/fp.html

You can also of course use ordinary SQL with the sql taglib and
<request:get-parameter>. What more do you need?

http://profiles.msn.com.

RE: Coccoon "gap" question

Posted by Edward Majcher <ed...@tamgroup.com>.
What I was specifically looking for, was to take an XML document and insert
into a database, I thought the SQL taglib was only for formatting SQL
queries into XML.  I have only read through the documentation once and a
solution was not obvious.

Ed