Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2011/06/17 23:54:56 UTC

More jiras please

It's very easy to get caught up in the excitement of fixing tck problems and figure that everyone else understands your changes as well as you do and just commit stuff, but I think its really extremely important to take a moment to open a jira and explain the context of the changes and what they are fixing.

For instance, I think rev 1136332 removes an immediate deployment problem but doesn't actually get the appropriate policy context installed at runtime.  I'm sure it breaks stuff, although I'm not sure exactly how much.  With a jira we can tie together the various commits that are clearly necessary to fix this.  If there was an explanation of the motivating problem I might have a better idea of whether my alternate fix was likely to be correct and I might be able to just close the issue rather than now waiting for more background explanation.

thanks
david jencks