Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au> on 2003/03/14 02:04:49 UTC

Releases and Docs

Re: Releases and Docs

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.

Re: Releases and Docs

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>.

Christian Geuer-Pollmann wrote:
| --On Freitag, 14. März 2003 12:04 +1100 Berin Lautenbach
| <be...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
|
|> 1.  I have done some C++ additions to the docs.  And will
|> distribute later today.  Does anyone have any objections if I
|> checkin the current version to doc/forrest?  I think Karel has done
|> a fantastic start job and I reckon it's more than good enough to
|> work from.
|

| Absolutely no objection ... Karel's documentation port is really cool
| (thanks again here on the list).
|
| Question: Do you also want to update the web page? I did that in the
| past by scp'ing a tgz of the docs to my home dire and then
| decompressing it directly onto the web page (which is under
| /x2/www/xml.apache.org/security ).

Is that on daedalus?  I only have access (I think) to icarus (cvs).  Am
more than happy to do the update if I can work out how to get onto the
machine :>.

|> 2.  When we are happy with the docs, am going to create a 0.1
|> release of C++ library (providing enough +1s :>) - so...
|>
|> 2a) How do I create a C sub-section on bugzilla?
|

| Ask Sam Ruby (I guess)

I was more thinking that there is a section there now for "security"
with a number of components.  Do you have access to add a new component?
~ (I.e. a C-Library?)

I will try Sam.

I notice also that nobody has ever set up versions in Bugzilla for the
various java libraries?

|> 2b) How do I put the file on the release section (ideally using the
|> mirrors setup).
|

| Mirrors must be set up by someone, but I don't know how.
|
| The dist dir is /x2/www/xml.apache.org/security/dist/

I think I've worked it out, basically I've set up the new docs I just
sent to Karel to go to

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xml/security/

which allows a user to select a mirror location close to them.

The distribution files need to get placed into

/www/www.apache.org/dist/xml/security/

and they will then get pushed out to the mirrors. (If I've read all the
instructions correctly :>)

Again - I think I need a logon to daedalus to make this work.  Is that
an e-mail to infrastructure@?

Re: Releases and Docs

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.