Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by arunkjn <ar...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/06 16:56:04 UTC

zombie ignite node

Hi,

I am using ignite 2.5.0 in local development. When I start a server node in
my code, in the logs I can see that 2 server nodes are present in cluster.

[22:10:46] Topology snapshot [ver=80, servers=2, clients=0, CPUs=8,
offheap=4.6GB, heap=4.0GB]
[22:10:46]   ^-- Node [id=1ADFFFD1-E442-48C6-88A2-C429EC73FB5D,
clusterState=INACTIVE]

with cluster activator tool when I run ./control.sh --activate and set
baseline topology, then running ./cluster.sh --baseline gives me -

Cluster state: active
Current topology version: 80

Baseline nodes:

ConsistentID=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1%lo,127.0.0.1,172.17.0.1,192.168.2.84,192.168.5.192:47500,
STATE=ONLINE
    ConsistentID=1, STATE=ONLINE
Number of baseline nodes: 2

The server node that I am running within my code has a consistent ID of 1.
The first node is a zombie node. I am not sure how to stop that zombie node.
Can you please help?

Thanks,
Arun

Re: zombie ignite node

Posted by Prem Prakash Sharma <pr...@infoworks.io>.
Can you check topology in ignite visor console. If you can find the zombie node there you can kill using kill command in visor.

Regards,
Prem

Re: zombie ignite node

Posted by arunkjn <ar...@gmail.com>.
Him

Re: zombie ignite node

Posted by Sambhaji Sawant <sa...@gmail.com>.
ps -aef |grep Ignite

Use this command and kill Ignite process

Re: zombie ignite node

Re: zombie ignite node

Posted by srecon <sr...@yandex.ru>.
Hi,
To avoid this situation, the easiest way to configure static IP instead of
TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder. Use *TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder* and write down
all the IP address and ports to which you are going to connect. These
particular configuration helps you to protect from the ghost nodes in a
development environment.

P.S. See the section /A simple checklist for beginners /from the book
https://leanpub.com/ignitebook/read_sample

Regards
 Shamim