Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com> on 2000/06/02 20:52:05 UTC

1.3.13 moving targets

Here's my shortlist of Win32 issues to fix before we roll:

1) Add a simple hold console open patch (wait for close or
   the ESC key, with a nice message) if the server died a
   bad death (non-zero exit code) in console mode.  Add the
   ConsoleHandler to deal with Ctrl+C/Ctrl+Break and, at
   least under NT, shutdown, logoff and window close.

2) Assure we haven't drifted too far between httpd.conf-dist
   and httpd.conf-dist-win.

3) Assure the windows.html and win_compiling.html reflect
   reality, today.

4) Get a CHANGES entry from Mike on the NW commit of
   yesterday (nudge, nudge)

That's three little things, but if someone wants to grab one
and run with it be my guest!  I've got the handle on the
first issue myself, already.

I'm sure some folk want to review the stat() success on failure
scenario, to prevent other future holes from popping up there.

Finally, is there any value in mod_proxy creating the ProxyRoot
directory if it does not exist?  If you think there is, what
should the permission mask be (unix)?

Re: 1.3.13 moving targets

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> And I'd like to get the mod_setenvif change in for 1.3.13,
> as well.  I'm having a problem with the merging, but I should
> have a patch for review to-night or this week-end.  Or shall I
> just commit it?

This turned out to be a little more complicated than I thought.
mod_setenvif currently does the envariable processing during
the post-read-request phase.. which is before the URI has been
translated to a filesystem path, and so no per-dir stuff can
be done.  I've worked around that by running the env-setter
twice, once during post-read-request and once during header-parse,
and only dealing with the appropriate directives in each call
(i.e., the second call doesn't process any entries the first one
has already done), but the result is a somewhat more involved
patch than I anticipated.  I'll post it separately.
--
#ken    P-)}

Re: 1.3.13 moving targets

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

RE: 1.3.13 moving targets

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>.
Fixed... it was the service dependency, 80% of the time, that
IP or the internal routing hadn't started.  20% of the problems
are firewall products that mess with our listeners.

Skim the manual/windows.html file (either 1.3.13-dev or 2.0) for
the very long winded description of the problem :-)

Re: 1.3.13 moving targets

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> Here's my shortlist of Win32 issues to fix before we roll:
>
> 1) Add a simple hold console open patch (wait for close or
>    the ESC key, with a nice message) if the server died a
>    bad death (non-zero exit code) in console mode.  Add the
>    ConsoleHandler to deal with Ctrl+C/Ctrl+Break and, at
>    least under NT, shutdown, logoff and window close.

Does this item also address the dreaded 'Error 1067' NT service
alert?
--
#ken    P-)}

I would be happy to try and tackle number 3

I will look at it on the weekend.

Thanks
Scott Sanders

Here's my shortlist of Win32 issues to fix before we roll:

<snip/>

RE: 1.3.13 moving targets

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
Please insert all four of these items into the STATUS file under
"Showstoppers", so they can be tracked for a longer period than this email
thread :-)

[ if people miss this email, they can always find this in the STATUS file,
  which Ken auto-sends every couple days or so ]

thx,
-g

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/