Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by ken adey <ke...@cyglass.com> on 2021/10/19 18:15:00 UTC

Ambari with Apache Hadoop on Ubuntu 20.04...

Hello,
    My organization needs to upgrade from using Cloudera Express on Ubuntu
14.04 to Ubuntu 20.04 and Apache Hadoop. We'd like to use Ambari 2.7.5 as
well.
I've tried using the BigTop mpack but it doesn't support Ubuntu 20.04.

Do I need to create a custom stack and supporting repo to accomplish this?
If so, is there documentation on how to create a custom stack to replace
the paywalled HDP stack?

Thanks.

--
Ken Adey

CyGlass, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nominet UK. Nominet UK is
registered in England and Wales No. 3203859

This message is intended exclusively for the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, or confidential.
If you are not the addressee, you must not read, use or disclose the
contents of this e-mail. If you receive this e-mail in error, please advise
us immediately and delete the e-mail. CyGlass, Inc. has taken every
reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been
swept for viruses. However, Nominet cannot accept liability for any damage
sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry
out your own virus checks before opening any attachment