Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net> on 2006/03/31 13:01:33 UTC

Making tags write-once with a pre-commit hook

Good morning!

I'm looking at a software release situation where I want users to be able to
create tags, but not to be able to edit them once they are in place. I don't
have a release engineer to put in charge of creating the release candidates,
and I want to keep the users unable to alter or modify tags once they are
committed the first time.

Does anyone have a good pre-commit hook or similar technique for doing that?