Posted to user@poi.apache.org by supranormale <su...@msn.com> on 2004/04/05 10:18:52 UTC

HWPF

Hi everyone,

      I have a project to school, I must extract all part of an Micro$oft
Office Document(text, image, sound, etc.) But I'm new user of POI. I have some
questions maybe you can help me :

* DOC :

I can open file, read all file (wd.writeAllText(out);) read FIB, but

      + where can I find the name of pictures, etc. in the file? and Size?
after I can create a class to extract picture, etc. (read byte and save it
with the name) it's possible ?

      + how can I read only text wrote by an user ? and paragraph, etc. ?

I must manage DOC, PPT and XLS. If this is a success, I'm going to upload my
source code. Really thanks to POI's developpers

Micro$oft Office Document

Re: HWPF

Posted by "Koundinya (Sudhakar Chavali)" <su...@yahoo.com>.
Currently POI does not have support for extracting the images

--- supranormale <su...@msn.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>       I have a project to school, I must extract all part of
> an Micro$oft
> Office Document(text, image, sound, etc.) But I'm new user of
> POI. I have some
> questions maybe you can help me :
>
> * DOC :
>
> I can open file, read all file (wd.writeAllText(out);) read
> FIB, but
>
>       + where can I find the name of pictures, etc. in the
> file? and Size?
> after I can create a class to extract picture, etc. (read byte
> and save it
> with the name) it's possible ?
>
>       + how can I read only text wrote by an user ? and
> paragraph, etc. ?
>
> I must manage DOC, PPT and XLS. If this is a success, I'm
> going to upload my
> source code. Really thanks to POI's developpers
>
> Micro$oft Office Document

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> poi-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

=====
"No one can earn a million dollars honestly."- William Jennings Bryan (1860-1925)

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid."- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)