Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Maxim Muzafarov <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/18 11:29:17 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Remove preload predicate in GridCachePreloader

Igniters,

It seems to me that GridCachePreloader.preloadPredicate(); currently
not used and even not tested at all and can be removed. Can anyone
confirm that?

I see the following disadvantages here:
- not used in project code, not tested;
- mvcc preload entry doesn't use this filter (regular preload entry does);
- a bit strange removing any entries on rebalancing under the hood, it
can lead to data inconsistency

I've created the issue [1] and PR [2] with removing such methods (bot
visa green).
WDYT?

[2] https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/6699/files

Re: [DISCUSSION] Remove preload predicate in GridCachePreloader

Posted by Pavel Kovalenko <jo...@gmail.com>.
Maxim,

Go ahead. I don't see any real usages of this functionality and seems it
obsolete and should be removed.

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org>.
Folks,