Posted to user@flink.apache.org by AndreaKinn <ki...@hotmail.it> on 2017/09/15 17:36:02 UTC

Re: JobManager shows TaskManager was lost/killed while TaskManger Process is still running and the network is OK.

Hi, sorry for re-vive this old conversation.
I have exactly the same problem, can you provide more details about your
solution?
Have you used another garbage collector as G1? How can I set it?

I've seen on configuration guideline I have to set the option: env.java.opts
but I don't know which is the value to insert to set G1.

Renkai wrote

Posted by Nico Kruber <ni...@data-artisans.com>.
From what I read in [1], simply add JVM options to env.java.opts as you would
when you start a Java program yourself, so setting "-XX:+UseG1GC" should
enable G1.

Nico

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/setup/
config.html#common-options

Posted by Rahul Raj <ra...@gmail.com>.
HI All,

Even I am facing the same issue. My code fails after running for 15 hours
throwing same "Task Manager lost/killed exception". Can we please know the
possible solution in detail for this?

Rahul Raj