Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ANJANEYA PRASAD NIDUBROLU <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/25 21:24:02 UTC

Running in Ignite in daemon mode.

Hello,

I am trying to run apache Ignite in daemon mode, the doc says that the
server/ instance will not available for main processing.

But I want to run it in background mode so that I can disconnect my session
but still ignite should be live in the background.

How can achieve this?

Thanks,
Anji.

Re: Running in Ignite in daemon mode.

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Anji,

Daemon node means that most of the components for this node is disabled, and
it is also not publicly visible as a part of topology. The only use case for
it I can think of is some kind of monitoring tool which connects to cluster
and silently gathers metrics information. Visor uses exact this approach,
for example.

I believe this all is not applicable to what you're trying to achieve
though. In your case I would just use tools available in OS to run a process
in background (like nohup in Linux, for example).

-Val