Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/09/12 13:27:20 UTC

Virtual Machine Instance suddenly not starting

Hello,

 I created a fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and cloudstack 4.1 on 4-Sep-2014. Uploaded a couple of ISO's into the cs environment. Then created some instances based on these ISO. Booted the vm (instance), installed the os (centos 6.5). Everything was working fine.

 Today, I started the same Ubuntu server, the cs management server and agent. The gui console opens up, and I see two system vm's in 'Running' state.

 I selected the (user) instance, clicked on the start instance button. The system runs forever, with the state of the user instance(vm), being shown as 'Starting'.

The last few lines of the management server log are in : http://pastebin.com/tp7SmpPh

It is the same the system setup, and I have changed nothing. Any ideas on, why is the user instance not starting?

Thanks & Regards,
Giri

Re: Virtual Machine Instance suddenly not starting

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks, I will try that.

________________________________
Best you try 4.3.1. It is way more stable then 4.1

--
Daan

Re: Virtual Machine Instance suddenly not starting

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.
I would also recommend 4.3, especially for a new installation.  In any
case I checked the log and found this:

2014-09-12 14:53:23,750 WARN
[network.router.VirtualNetworkApplianceManagerImpl]
(Job-Executor-1:job-3) Unable to ssh to the VM: Can not ping System vm
r-2-VMdue to:Unable to connect

There is something wrong with the virtual router.  You can try
destroying it and retrying the VM start.  CloudStack will try to create
a new virtual router and if successful (and barring any other problems)
your VM should then start.

Best regards,
Kirk

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks, I will try that.

________________________________

--
Daan

Re: Virtual Machine Instance suddenly not starting

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Giri,

--
Daan

Re: Virtual Machine Instance suddenly not starting

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Giri,

--
Daan