Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> on 2008/10/24 13:35:48 UTC

Re: Struts2 Portlet - pre/post render, pre/post action hooks?

Some more questions here.
I need to know when "rendering" is done, because i want to remove some session
attribute.
I can't do this in my action, because a servlet is used to render some content
based on this session attribute.
After rendering i can remove it safely, but how to know this?
Spring Portlet MVC does got postRender Hooks - how would this be done with
Struts2? Someone an example?

--
Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.
Siehe http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html

Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a
completely unintentional side effect."
	-- Linus Torvalds

Re: Struts2 Portlet - pre/post render, pre/post action hooks?

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
Why do you need to remove it? If you have to remove it, can the
servlet remove it after it has been used? I'm not sure a safe way
exists to synchronize the rendering of the portlet and the servlet. I
guess in most cases you could probably assume that the rendering is
complete when the result has been executed. But I'm not sure that
there are any guarantees that things will happen in-order in the same
threads. I'm not sure what Spring postRender do, but I guess you could
either write a custom interceptor, or override the portlet dispatcher.

Nils-H