Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> on 2009/11/02 10:05:26 UTC

Debian package about to be removed

Hey,

I have sent a few emails through to the list before about someone
stepping up to help package CouchDB for Debian. I received an email
from Sergei Golovan today saying that he's seen nothing from the
original set of volunteers and that he's now considering removing it
from the current release of Debian. I think this would be pretty bad.

Is there anyone who's still interested in helping out here? We have an
Ubuntu package, which was taken from the Debian package, so it would
be nice if someone could co-ordinate pushing this back upstream.

Thanks,

Noah

Re: Debian package about to be removed

Posted by Sam Bisbee <sb...@computervip.com>.
On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 09:05:26AM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have sent a few emails through to the list before about someone
> stepping up to help package CouchDB for Debian. I received an email from
> Sergei Golovan today saying that he's seen nothing from the original set
> of volunteers and that he's now considering removing it from the current
> release of Debian. I think this would be pretty bad.
>
> Is there anyone who's still interested in helping out here? We have an
> Ubuntu package, which was taken from the Debian package, so it would be
> nice if someone could co-ordinate pushing this back upstream.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Noah

Hey Noah,

I know that there was some small movement, but then nothing happened.

Personally I just don't have much time these days. I'll try to find some this
week, as I agree that Debian should have the latest and greatest, but probably
won't get a chance until this weekend.

Thanks for the prod,

--
Sam Bisbee

Re: Debian package about to be removed

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
On 9 Nov 2009, at 07:03, Elliot Murphy wrote:

> I finally committed some changes to the erlang packaging team svn repo
> tonight, and wrote up a mail to the erlang packaging team mailing list
> with some suggestions for further work we might collaborate on to make
> the CouchDB package even better and more reliable (I'd really like to
> get unit tests running during package build).
>
> We should get a workflow worked out with Sergei soon, and get regular
> uploads going to debian again - I'd much prefer to work on this
> package
> directly in debian and just merge to ubuntu.

Sweet, thanks!

How far are we away from getting 0.10.0 uploaded?

Re: Debian package about to be removed

Posted by Elliot Murphy <el...@canonical.com>.

Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/

Re: Debian package about to be removed

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Posted by Devendra Gera <ge...@theoldmonk.net>.
On Mon, 02 Nov 2009, Noah Slater wrote:

> Is there anyone who's still interested in helping out here? We have
> an Ubuntu package, which was taken from the Debian package, so it
> would be nice if someone could co-ordinate pushing this back
> upstream.

I'm a Debian packaging newbie, but I do maintain the internal CouchDB
package (with the pre-0.10 doc-notifications patch), along with other
internal (Debian) packages.

I can help out.

Thanks,
--gera.