Posted to users@solr.apache.org by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org> on 2023/03/02 19:36:02 UTC

Hadoop Auth module / HadoopAuthPlugin; anyone using?

Is anyone using the hadoop-auth Solr module?  It's called this in Solr 9;
in Solr 8 and previously it was a part of Solr-core.  HadoopAuthPlugin is
the class name.  Apparently it supports Kerberos auth; perhaps more things.

There is some support burden to maintaining Solr as a whole with this
included.
With this email here, I'm trying to ascertain if anyone would care if it
was outright removed.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: Hadoop Auth module / HadoopAuthPlugin; anyone using?

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@gmail.com>.
Going to bump this again to make sure no one is using it.

- Houston