Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by activeBroker <ma...@kisters.de> on 2009/06/19 16:16:30 UTC

ActiveMQ can't start without an internet connection

Hi,
we are using the 5.2.0 Version and we can't start the message broker if the
internet connection is not activated.
I have found some information that the spring framework needs the connection
for xsd validation.
Is there any bugix, workaround to avoid this?
Thank you.

RE: ActiveMQ can't start without an internet connection

Posted by Nawaz Ahmed <na...@progress.com>.
It s a known issue.

By following the below steps we can rectify the problem.

Note: Make sure that before making these changes you just keep a copy of
activemq.xml file so that you can revert back to original configurations
if you face any problem.

In <Message Broker Install Directory>/conf/activemq.xml

1)	Comment out the default-nc networkConnector. This
networkConnector uses multicast to automatically discover other ActiveMQ
brokers.
2)	Remove the discoveryUri attribute from the openwire
transportConnector.

After making these changes, ActiveMQ won't use any IP multicast and you
shouldn't encounter the exception any longer.

Thanks,
Nawaz Ahmed