Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jessy Ping <te...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/01 12:26:08 UTC

regarding flink metrics

Hi Team,

We are using datadog and its http reporter( packaged in flink image) for
sending metrics from flink application. We do have a requirement for
setting tags with values calculated at runtime for the custom metrics
emitted from Flink. Currently, it is impossible to assign tags at runtime.
Is there a work arround for the same ?

Thanks
Jessy

Re: regarding flink metrics

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
Your best bet is to create a custom reporter that does this calculation.
You could either wrap the reporter, subclass is, or fork it.
In any case,
https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/master/flink-metrics/flink-metrics-datadog
should be a good starting point.