Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mark Menard <ma...@mjm.net> on 2006/11/17 04:58:21 UTC

[s2] mvn archetype

I've tried to set up a new project using the struts2 mvn archetype, but to
no avail.

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: net.vitarara.dan
ArtifactId: struts2-archetype-starter
Version: 1.0-SNAPSHOT

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=net.vitarara.dan
-DartifactId=struts2-archetype-starter \
        -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  net.vitarara.dan:struts2-archetype-starter:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Where can I get the archetype file? I've downloaded and built the latest
snapshot using svn and mvn.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: [s2] mvn archetype

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 11/16/06, Mark Menard <ma...@mjm.net> wrote:
>
>>  mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=tutorial -DartifactId=tutorial
>> -DarchetypeGroupId=net.vitarara.dan
>> -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter
>> -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.2-SNAPSHOT
>
> You also need
>   -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

And shouldn't archetypeGroupId be org.apache.struts or something?
net.vitarara.dan doesn't look right... ;-)

L.

Re: [s2] mvn archetype

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/16/06, Mark Menard <ma...@mjm.net> wrote:

>  mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=tutorial -DartifactId=tutorial
> -DarchetypeGroupId=net.vitarara.dan
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter
> -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.2-SNAPSHOT

You also need
   -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

This is bleeding edge stuff.  If you're going to use it, you'll want
to come join us on the development list so you can keep up, else
you're likely to be unpleasantly surprised if it changes out from
under you.

For the less adventurous, the 2.0.1 Beta release is available from the
downloads page:
   http://struts.apache.org/downloads.html

> I've checked out and done a mvn -Pall on the latest struts2 from svn.
> Wouldn't that have the archetype in it?

No, the archetype lives elsewhere, in the 'maven' module.  It's not
part of the framework.

> > In case you only checked out and built the framework,  the archetype is here:
> >  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/maven/trunk/struts2-archetype-starter/
>
> I'm totally new to mvn, being an ant guy, how would I tell mvn to go get it
> there?

See above for how to tell Maven to get it from the snapshot repo.
That's probably the easiest thing to do.

Alternately, you can check out from the svn url I gave you and 'mvn
install' that.  Then you wouldn't need -DremoteRepositories=...
because you would have installed it locally.

--
Wendy

Re: [s2] mvn archetype

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning All-

executing
http://www.planetstruts.org/struts2-showcase/ajax/remoteforms/ and locally
http://localhost:8080/struts2-showcase-2.0.1/ajax/remoteforms/
click on 1st button (Remote form replacing another div)
I see
Struts Problem Report
Struts has detected an unhandled exception:

      Messages: There is no Action mapped for action name ajax/remoteforms/AjaxRemoteForm.

Stacktraces
There is no Action mapped for action name ajax/remoteforms/AjaxRemoteForm. - [unknown location]

in /struts-2.0.1/apps/struts2-showcase-2.0.1/WEB-INF/classes/struts-ajax.xml I see
<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
    "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd">

<struts>
    <package name="ajax" extends="struts-default">
        <action name="AjaxTest" class="org.apache.struts2.showcase.ajax.AjaxTestAction">
            <result>/ajax/AjaxResult.jsp</result>
        </action>

        <action name="AjaxRemoteLink" class="org.apache.struts2.showcase.ajax.AjaxTestAction">
            <result>/ajax/AjaxResult2.js</result>
        </action>

        <action name="AjaxRemoteForm" class="org.apache.struts2.showcase.ajax.AjaxTestAction">
            <result>/ajax/AjaxResult3.jsp</result>
        </action>

<!-- experimental to see if I can specify Action class for ajax/remoteforms/AjaxRemoteForm -->
        <action name="ajax/remoteforms/AjaxRemoteForm" class="org.apache.struts2.showcase.ajax.AjaxTestAction">
            <result>/ajax/AjaxResult3.jsp</result>
        </action>

apparently by specifying an (Action) class for ajax/remoteforms/AjaxRemoteForm I was able to resolve the no Action Mapped

Does this look right?
Martin--
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents

Re: [s2] mvn archetype

Posted by Mark Menard <ma...@mjm.net>.

Re: [s2] mvn archetype

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/16/06, Mark Menard <ma...@mjm.net> wrote:

> I've tried to set up a new project using the struts2 mvn archetype, but to
> no avail.

What did you type?