Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Vladimir Prus <vl...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/26 14:05:59 UTC

Updating search index when editing paragraph

Hi,

I am observing that the search index is not getting updated when editing a
paragraph. For example, in one tab I add "foobar" in a paragraph. A bit
later, in another tab, I search for "foobar" and nothing is found. Enabling
debug logging for search, with

    log4j.logger.org.apache.zeppelin.search = DEBUG

reveals that when a note is updated, it's not added to the index at all. It
appears that Note.fireParagraphUpdateEvent is supposed to call
SearchService. However, the only place where that method is called is in a
test - it does not appear to be called during commit paragraph operation.
At this point, I am a bit stuck. What would be an appropriate place to call
SearchService when a note is updated?

--
Vladimir Prus
http://vladimirprus.com

Re: Updating search index when editing paragraph

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
it looks like a bug, could you create a ticket for it ?

Vladimir Prus <vl...@gmail.com> 于2021年7月26日周一 下午10:06写道:

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang