Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by jeremi joslin <je...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/09 04:59:21 UTC

moving url config from shindig.properties to container.js

Hi,

The property file shindig.properties (http://tinyurl.com/shinprop) define
the full URL of different properties :
shindig.content-rewrite.proxy-url=http://localhost:8080/gadgets/proxy?url=
shindig.content-rewrite.concat-url=http://localhost:8080/gadgets/concat?

The problem is that for each installation of shindig, we need to configure this
file. As it's packaged in a jar, it's not easy to be modified by an
administrator.
 Also, the proxy URL is already defined in container.js
(http://tinyurl.com/shincont):
"proxyUrl" : "http://%host%/gadgets/proxy?refresh=%refresh%&url=%url%",

The configuration seems to be only used in DefaultContentRewriter. So instead
of injecting this parameters, can we inject the object ContainerConfig (in
the shindig-commons which is already a dependency of shindig-gadgets) and
get the configuration from there?

So my proposition is to move the configuration of the proxy and concat URL
to container.js.

WDYT?

Jérémi

Re: moving url config from shindig.properties to container.js

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 7:59 PM, jeremi joslin <je...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The property file shindig.properties (http://tinyurl.com/shinprop) define
> the full URL of different properties :
> shindig.content-rewrite.proxy-url=http://localhost:8080/gadgets/proxy?url=
> shindig.content-rewrite.concat-url=http://localhost:8080/gadgets/concat<http://localhost:8080/gadgets/proxy?url=shindig.content-rewrite.concat-url=http://localhost:8080/gadgets/concat>
> ?
>
> The problem is that for each installation of shindig, we need to configure
> this
> file. As it's packaged in a jar, it's not easy to be modified by an
> administrator.
>  Also, the proxy URL is already defined in container.js
> (http://tinyurl.com/shincont):
> "proxyUrl" : "http://%host%/gadgets/proxy?refresh=%refresh%&url=%url%",
>
> The configuration seems to be only used in DefaultContentRewriter. So
> instead
> of injecting this parameters, can we inject the object ContainerConfig (in
> the shindig-commons which is already a dependency of shindig-gadgets) and
> get the configuration from there?
>
> So my proposition is to move the configuration of the proxy and concat URL
> to container.js.

See this discussion:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-643

You're not the first person to run into this problem :)