Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> on 2004/12/24 20:57:29 UTC

Rename APR::Bucket::alloc_create (was Re: [mp2] pool object dependant methods insanity)

Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> writes:

> while I can easily reproduce the problem with
> APR::Bucket::alloc_create(APR::Pool->new);

Would it be possible to rename this sub APR::BucketAlloc::create?
When I first named it that, I wasn't aware of the APR::BucketAlloc
package.

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: Rename APR::Bucket::alloc_create

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> writes:
>

>>Joe Schaefer wrote:

>>>Would it be possible to rename this sub APR::BucketAlloc::create?
>>>When I first named it that, I wasn't aware of the APR::BucketAlloc
>>>package.
>>
>>doh! I think you are right. I've missed that bit. I hope our users
>>will excuse us.
>

> +1.  The holidays have left me a few weeks behind modperl's
> trunk.  I'll commit the change once I'm caught up (which
> may take a few more days), but feel free to take care of
> it for me if you'd rather not wait for me to catch up.

I hope I'll manage to do that shortly. I plan to polish the protocols.pod
as it's a bit out of date, so this will be a prerequisite.

>>also it looks that ba has the pool instead, so it was probably
>>a waste  to  demand the pool object when $ba is passed anyway.
>

> The pool argument to APR::BucketAlloc::create required,
> I think.  If there's an APR::BucketAlloc::pool accessor,
> it's just retrieving a pointer to the pool that first
> created it.

Agreed. It might still work most of the time, but may be it's not what the
user want (though the extra pool argument could have been made optional).

Re: Rename APR::Bucket::alloc_create

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

Re: Rename APR::Bucket::alloc_create (was Re: [mp2] pool object dependant methods insanity)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.