Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2011/05/01 19:14:08 UTC

Re: [GSoC] Artifacts of SCA

On 04/29/2011 07:05 AM, Nirmal Fernando wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Under my project Develop a simple tool that can be used to generate
> composite diagrams https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3496
> I need to identify all the possible artifacts that can be occurred in
> a composite.xml file.
>
> I already recognized following:
>
> * Composite
> * Component
> * Property
> * Reference
> * Service
>
> Is there any other artifacts I should consider? (other than the wire (link))

The SCA assembly specification [1] should give you a good idea of all
the elements in a composite.

The spec also describes a visual representation for these elements.

What you have here is fine as a first step in my opinion.

Once you have that working, here are a few more, off the top of my head:
- different implementation types
- different binding types
- composites nested in implementation.composite
- promoted services, references and properties
- includes

Policies introduce yet another dimension so I'd suggest to look at them
later as an option if you have time after completing the implementation
of the above.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=sca-assembly
--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [GSoC] Artifacts of SCA

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean,

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 10:44 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
<js...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 04/29/2011 07:05 AM, Nirmal Fernando wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Under my project Develop a simple tool that can be used to generate
>> composite diagrams https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3496
>> I need to identify all the possible artifacts that can be occurred in
>> a composite.xml file.
>>
>> I already recognized following:
>>
>> * Composite
>> * Component
>> * Property
>> * Reference
>> * Service
>>
>> Is there any other artifacts I should consider? (other than the wire
>> (link))

> The SCA assembly specification [1] should give you a good idea of all the
> elements in a composite.
>
> The spec also describes a visual representation for these elements.

Thanks for the spec, that will be very helpful!

> What you have here is fine as a first step in my opinion.

I also prefer incremental development, for the time being I'll stick to those.

> Once you have that working, here are a few more, off the top of my head:
> - different implementation types
> - different binding types
> - composites nested in implementation.composite
> - promoted services, references and properties
> - includes
>
> Policies introduce yet another dimension so I'd suggest to look at them
> later as an option if you have time after completing the implementation of
> the above.

Thanks for these!

--
Best Regards,