Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org> on 2003/08/15 15:04:14 UTC

Sitemap versioning?

Hi,

In Cocoon 2.0, the sitemap used this namespace:

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

In 2.1, we changed the sitemap syntax in backwards-incompatible ways, but
the namespace is still the same, rather making a mockery of the '/1.0'.

I think this happened because when the backwards-incompatible change was
made, everyone said "relax, Cocoon is alpha, we'll change it when things
are stable"; and then everyone promptly forgot.

So when next we tinker with the syntax, can we up the version number
sooner rather than later? :)

--Jeff

RE: Sitemap versioning?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Jeff Turner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Cocoon 2.0, the sitemap used this namespace:
>
> <map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
>
> In 2.1, we changed the sitemap syntax in backwards-incompatible ways, but
> the namespace is still the same, rather making a mockery of the '/1.0'.
>
> I think this happened because when the backwards-incompatible change was
> made, everyone said "relax, Cocoon is alpha, we'll change it when things
> are stable"; and then everyone promptly forgot.
>
> So when next we tinker with the syntax, can we up the version number
> sooner rather than later? :)

+1

Carsten