Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Ambika Rajagopalan <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/02 03:39:25 UTC

New QA Volunteer

Hello,

This is Ambika Rajagopalan, with ~6 years of QA experience in both manual
and automation testing using selenium/Java. I would like to contribute for
openoffice QA team and get better knowledge about open sourcing.

I would really appreciate if someone help me from where I can get the
latest build and start testing. I also went through the issues page and
getting familiarized but I don't find a page with latest build.

Thanks
Ambika

Re: New QA Volunteer

Posted by Rainer Bielefeld <ra...@bielefeldundbuss.de>.
Ambika Rajagopalan schrieb:

> This is Ambika Rajagopalan, with ~6 years of QA experience in both manual
> and automation testing using selenium/Java. I would like to contribute for
> openoffice QA team and get better knowledge about open sourcing.

Hi,

great, you are welcome!
I did not find any Bugzilla activity of ambikar@gmail.com, so it seems
you are new here?

You should create an account for <https://issues.apache.org/ooo/>,
check UNCONFIRMED bugs, try to reproduce the problem, add comments with
useful information.

In parallel you should read
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/BUGZILLA/FAQ>
<http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-qa.html>
<http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html>,
<http://www.openoffice.org/bugs/bug_writing_guidelines.html>,
<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/HowToFileIssue>

Don't worry, real AOO-qa-life is more simple than it looks while you
read all that stuff.

Do not hesitate to add me to CC in a bug if you are not sure whether you
are right.

Tell us your Bugzilla account here, a mentor can follow your activity,
help you, change Bug Status and other fields due to your test results as
long as your permissions will not allow that.

After some activity our Bugzilla administrators will rise your permissions.

Best regards

Rainer Bielefeld