Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sumit Maheshwari <su...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/02 12:23:25 UTC

Reg: Need info on Kafka Brokers

Hi,

I am looking to get information about individual brokers in kafka cluster.
The information that I am looking for is:

   - List of topics in a broker
   - Partitions for each topic in a broker
   - Metrics like BytesIn/Out Per min, Messages In/Min per topic
   - ...

I have tried looking into the JMX metrics seems but they does not provide
the above information.
Is it possible to get these information from the broker itself without
contacting zookeeper?

Thanks,
Sumit

Re: Reg: Need info on Kafka Brokers

Posted by Sreejith S <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sumit,

JMX Metrics will give you lot of in depth information on Kafka.

Just try this.
https://github.com/srijiths/kafka-connectors/tree/master/kafka-connect-jmx

If you use above , then you should have a custom UI to show the metrics.

Also you can try open source kafka monitoring tool

https://github.com/yahoo/kafka-manager

You can find lot of other open source kafka monitoring tools as well.

Regards,
Srijith

--

*Sreejith.S*