Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by nut <nu...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/10 22:00:17 UTC

Conflicting status report

On doing an "svn status", I get a (sub-)directory listed with status
"?", but the contents are not listed. When I try to add the directory,
I get a message saying the directory is already under version control.
But when I check out a fresh copy, that directory is not there.
Clearly, I must have screwed up when I added that directory a couple
of days ago. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,

Cosmo

Re: Conflicting status report

Posted by nut <nu...@gmail.com>.
Konstantin,

the log gave me some clues that helped me fix the problem. Thanks,

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2012/3/11 nut <nu...@gmail.com>:
> On doing an "svn status", I get a (sub-)directory listed with status
> "?", but the contents are not listed. When I try to add the directory,
> I get a message saying the directory is already under version control.
> But when I check out a fresh copy, that directory is not there.
> Clearly, I must have screwed up when I added that directory a couple
> of days ago. How can I fix this problem?

1. svn client version =?
2. exact command that you were using, and exact message =?
3. your operating system =?

> when I adde d that directory a couple of days ago

Have you committed your addition?
If yes then maybe you can use "svn log" command to look what exactly
have been committed.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko