Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Dale King <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/12 17:07:32 UTC

Re: log4cxx 0.10.1 release plan (Re: link error in release mode with Visual Studio 2008 on log4cxx-user)

I appreciate your work on this, but the thing that desperately needs a new
release is Chainsaw! It has been over 4 years since it has been released.
The current release is based on the abandoned 1.3 branch of Log4J so there
are several things that do not work with the current versions of Log4J and
Log4Cxx.

--
Dale King

Re: log4cxx 0.10.1 release plan (Re: link error in release mode with Visual Studio 2008 on log4cxx-user)

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
A new Chainsaw release with a lot of new features will be released in
the near future. You can pull the source down and build with maven if
you'd like to try it today.

Annotated logs, multirow events, highlighting of search matches in the
table, better multicast Dns support and more. See the chainsaw release
notes in the help menu for a list of everything.

Scott