Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by leesf <le...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/18 11:33:24 UTC

[DISCUSS] Next Apache Release(0.5.2)

Hello all,

In the spirit of making Apache Hudi (incubating) releases at regular
cadence,
we are starting this thread to kickstart the planning and preparatory work
for next release (0.5.2).

As 0.5.2 is a minor release version and contains some features, bug fixes,
code cleanup and some apache compliance issues, and some of them
have been completed. So I would like to propose the next release date by
the end of this month(2.29). What do you think?

As described in the release guide (see References), the first step would be
identify the release manager for 0.5.2. This is a consensus-based decision
of the entire community. The only requirements is that the release manager
be Apache Hudi Committer as they have permissions to perform some of the
release manager's work. The committer would still need to work with PPMC to
write to Apache release repositories.

There’s no formal process, no vote requirements, and no timing requirements
when identifying release manager. Any objections should be resolved by
consensus before starting the release.

In general, the community prefers to have a rotating set of 3-5 Release
Managers. Keeping a small core set of managers allows enough people to
build expertise in this area and improve processes over time, without
Release Managers needing to re-learn the processes for each release. That
said, if you are a committer interested in serving the community in this
way, please reach out to the community on the dev@ mailing list.

If any Hudi committer is interested in being the next release manager,
please reply to this email.

Planned Tickets:   Jira Tickets
<
https://jira.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+HUDI+AND+fixVersion+%3D+
0.5.
<https://jira.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+HUDI+AND+fixVersion+%3D+0.5.1>
2>
Release Guide:  Release Guide
<
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HUDI/Apache+Hudi+%28incubating%29+-+Release+Guide

Thanks,
Leesf
(On behalf of Apache Hudi PPMC)

Re: [DISCUSS] Next Apache Release(0.5.2)

Posted by Nicholas <th...@gmail.com>.
+1 on vinoyang as the release manager

+1 on making a shorter 0.5.2 release.

Re:Re: [DISCUSS] Next Apache Release(0.5.2)

Posted by 蒋晓峰 <pr...@163.com>.

Posted by leesf <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nishith agarwal <n3...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "vbalaji@apache.org" <vb...@apache.org>.