Posted to dev@johnzon.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2022/10/11 10:53:36 UTC

October report Johnzon

Hi,

The next report is due in about a week. Can you guys look at this draft and
tell me if I'm missing something or if some other things should be
changed/removed?

The mission of Johnzon is the creation and maintenance of software related
JSR-353 compliant JSON parsing; modules to help with JSR-353 as well as
JSR-374
and JSR-367

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Johnzon was founded 2016-04-20 (6 years ago)
There are currently 8 committers and 6 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 4:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Reinhard Sandtner on 2016-08-30.
- No new committers. Last addition was Jonathan Gallimore on 2018-05-09.

## Project Activity:
Apache Johnzon is pretty stable and does not currently require heavy
development. It moves alongside with the Jakarta specifications but so far
they do not break or evolve too much. Nevertheless, the project team has
invested a significant effort to rework exception management and end user
experience with errors reported during parsing.

As opposed to other implementations such as Jackson, there is no CVE
affecting
Johnzon at the moment. But it drives people to our project as a replacement
which is good.

Recent releases:

    1.2.17 was released on 2022-04-21.
    1.2.16 was released on 2022-02-08.
    1.2.15 was released on 2021-10-28.

## Community Health:
A bit more traffic for the dev list due to the work around user experience
and
exceptions.
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro